Becoming Active




Being active can be a day-to-day struggle.  It's easy to get swept away in the daily grind and forget about your higher priorities.  I know this is very true for myself.  I have a good number of things I have been meaning to do for awhile and I'm sick of putting them off.  So here it goes, I'm officially being proactive.

It has been about two weeks since I stopped running frequently.  It actually wasn't due to being lazy, but rather injury - the dreaded shin splints.  Unfortunately a long break in routine makes it much harder to start again.  I kept telling myself at the beginning of each morning or end of each workday that I would go for a run.  A week went by and I never did, until tonight. Spending another night on my butt just seemed really crumby, so I got into my jogging gear and went for a two mile.  It felt pretty damn good.  

I'm really happy I have conquered my running slump, but other areas in which I'm slacking became more apparent as well.  I started blogging at the beginning of the new year.  I had a lot of goals that I wanted to achieve with a blog and eight months later...I'm still not achieving them.  Now I'm starting again, with hopes to actually achieve the goals I originally set for myself.  Hopefully this time I won't be consumed by slacker-dom and instead be active in working toward my goals.


0 comments:

Post a Comment